Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rollin' at Rocco's

I strolled into Rocco's utterly shocked and impressed. You see, I previously thought - "A po-boy restaurant, well this will be a plain, drab, and a mediocre place to eat at". Wow was I wrong! Everything at Rocco's was impressive. It was LSU themed with booths, tables, and high bars. Outside were many tables under umbrellas. I realized how open and bright the restaurant was. It seemed as though you were sitting outside because of the huge storefront windows.
I grabbed a menu and walked into the order line. While I was deciding on my order, I noticed how catchy the menu titles were. The "Where Y'at" pizza, the "Cat Daddy Fish" seafood po-boy, and the "French Quarter Fry" specialty po-boy were just a few that caught my eye. I quickly chose my order, the seafood muffalatta, and returned to my table. I glanced up at one of the five flatscreen TV's to hold my attention while I waited for my order. To my delight however, my food was ready in no time!
Stunned at how fast and polite the service was, I rested my eyes upon my tempting muffalatta sandwhiched between New Orleans French bread. After the first bite I knew I would be returning to Rocco's! The shrimp was so tasty, and the catfish was so fresh! Then my eyes glanced straight towards my friend's plate. He had the "Nikki the Eyes Oyster" po-boy. I, of course, had to try this po-boy. It, to no suprise at all, was amazing! I immediately knew what I would be ordering the next time I came - the oyster po-boy!
Yet another thing that stood out to me was the service. The cashier had that "you can have it your way" attitude that we all love and enjoy. The waiter frequently made sure that our drinks were fresh and that we were content. Most importantly to me however, was the interaction between the manager and the customers. I noticed that he went to every table, making sure everyone was happy and enjoying their meal, including us.
So, if you're in the mood for some delicious New Orleans style po-boys, fried pickles, crawfish etouffee, salads, burgers, pizzas, etc.., go to Rocco's! As Mr. Rocco says himself, "Just think of our po-boy as the big bully on the sandwhich playground." Are you convinced yet? You should be! For those who need a little more convincing, read what other customers had to say about Rocco's:

"I thought my food was great. I loved the bread. Service was good, no complaints. The atmosphere is open and airy." - Dan

"I got the Sonny's Shrimp Po-boy. It was really good. I loved the fries." - Josh

"The atmosphere is very comfortable. Service is really quick!" - Allison

"The turkey po-boy was pretty delicious. Cheese fries were scrumptious!" - Lacey

"I enjoyed my salad. I'm definitely coming back to try the fried pickles!" - Freda

"I got the Sonny's Shrimp Po-boy. It was really good, I enjoyed it. Everyone here is nice, well-mannered, and polite. We're definitely coming back!" - Paula

"The service was great. I didn't have to wait long at all for my order. The oyster po-boy was delicious. Oysters - fried to perfection." - Danny

So there you go! Try out Rocco's! It's reasonably priced (7 to 14 dollars a po-boy). Rocco's is located in Zachary off of Church Street, next to Sammy's Bar and Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment