Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blog Assignment #1

My name is Laura. I was born at Our Lady of the Lake. I have two brothers and one sister. I played volleyball third grade through eleventh grade. I have an amazing pup named Kaylee May. My summer was spectacular.

Family is a big deal. My oldest brother, Steven, and I are alike in many ways. We make the same exact facial expressions and we're on the same page with a lot of issues. My other brother, David, and I have the love for outdoors in common. Most of the time he can be pretty cool. My one and only sister, Leanne, is the best sister in the world. She's fun and all my friends love her. Her kids, Jamie and Micah, are my niece and nephew that I love to death.

One of the most important things I'll be missing this year is volleyball. Towards the beginning of summer it was on my mind constantly. Usually in the month of June we'd play summer volleyball games at Denham Springs High School. My desire to play only grew stronger towards the end of summer when school was about to start. Today, it felt really weird and different walking into the gym after not seeing the court for so long. Something's missing.

Kaylee May is the best dog in the world. She is so obedient and is easy to take places. She's very protective but she gets along with everybody. Most of my friends that come over to my house are used to her barking like crazy because they know she's just trying to be big and bad. Seriously though, she could lose some weight. Actually, she could lose a lot of weight. Trying to hold her is like working out.

This summer was amazing. Lauren, Lauryn, and I started it off right with a beach trip to Panama. One night Lauryn and I decided to lay on the beach until the sunrise. After we got home, I did a lot of swimming, tanning, and hanging out with family and friends. At the end of June my car was totaled but I managed to still get through the summer pretty well. A couple weeks ago my family took a really fun trip to Tennessee. First we stopped in Memphis, then Nashville, and then to our final destination in Gatlinburg. My favorite part about the trip was the white water rafting. It was so much fun!

It's weird being back in school but I'm glad to get it started. I'm excited to finally be a senior. I'm really happy that a lot of my good friends are still here. I think we'll make this year the best we possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment