Friday, April 23, 2010

My Year in Journalism

This year in journalism has been interesting, to say the least. Balancing research and revision for stories with school and um..a life! was rather difficult at first. It seemed a little hectic. But eventually we all got it down pat. Sometimes I had 3 stories and things got a little stressful but we all did what we had to do to present a pretty ay-okay paper.

I enjoyed our guest speakers. Our guest speaker from LSU gave me a bigger view on jounalism and a lot of information on what a student experiences going into a major dealing with journalism. She helped me see that while interesting, it's not for me. I also liked when Andre Moreau talked to us. I thoroughly enjoyed asking him the "crazy" questions. After finding out that he was gay, it made my question about his career helping him talk to the "ladies" even funnier. Hehe

Dear Mrs. Melancon, blogs are of the devil! And since they come from you I in no way am calling you the devil! But I'm just saying, blogs are evil. Without blogs we would have had so much more time to work on our stories. I guess in a way, and I mean a tiny way, I'm grateful for some of the blogs. It helped me learn to write and gather my ideas pretty fast.

The best part about our journalism class is the people. We had a great teacher and really creative writers. We gave the people what they wanted! Well, we tried. I strongly believe the staff really cared about what we put in the paper. Collectively, we were perfectionists and really did our best to be proud of our work. I think that came out in our stories.

The thing I'll miss the most about this class is the fun times. I mean c'mon, as I'm writing this Nathan is in the corner doing the stanky leg! Urban dictionary and Cleverbot made for good times. Although this year in this class I was scarred (Chase Barrett), it was still awesome. Everyone made it interesting and even funnier! I'm gonna miss journalism next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment